Every Friday evening, the Rodrigo Resende Academy hosts a weekly self defence class for any member or non-member to participate. We believe it’s important to provide the necessary tools and training to empower the community of Spruce Grove and surrounding areas. Our self defence classes provide unique instruction of self-defence techniques, awareness of threatening situations, and community engagement. Classes are available for ages 7 and up and require the ownership of a Gi (no membership necessary). Men and women are both encouraged to join.
The Rodrigo Resende Academy is one of the top martial arts schools in Alberta and in Canada for many reasons:
- As one of the highest ranking BJJ instructors in Alberta, Professor Rodrigo Resende is a 3rd degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and national champion, with 23 years of practice and 11 years of teaching experience
- The academy was founded by one of the highest ranking martial arts instructors in Alberta. Professor Rodrigo Resende is a 3rd degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and national champion, with 23 years of practice and 11 years of teaching experience
- Our team of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt instructors are experienced national competitors that want you and your family to succeed
- Training is hosted in the largest BJJ and Judo facility in Canada
- If you’re interested in joining the academy, our membership includes unlimited access to all martial arts classes (BJJ, Judo, and Muay Thai) and a weightlifting gym – for one low monthly cost. Ask us today!
Your membership at the Rodrigo Resende Academy includes access to all of our martial arts programs, including: