Muay Thai in Edmonton, Spruce Grove, St. Albert, and the Surrounding Area
Combine self defence with a full body workout
Originating in Thailand, Muay Thai is a popular martial art that evokes stand-up striking and clinching techniques. Also known as “the art of eight limbs”, Muay Thai combines the use of fists, elbows, knees, and shins in training and combat. Members select Muay Thai for its benefits to physical fitness and as a self defence mechanism.
Lead by veteran Muay Thai instructor Allen Hurst, the Rodrigo Resende Academy offers a several different levels of classes in the specialized martial art of Muay Thai, from beginner to advanced. Classes are available at ages 10 and up.
The Rodrigo Resende Academy is one of the top martial arts schools in Alberta and in Canada for many reasons:
- Our Muay Thai program is lead by top instructor Allen Hurst
- The academy was founded by one of the highest ranking martial arts instructors in Alberta. Professor Rodrigo Resende is a 3rd degree black belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and national champion, with 23 years of practice and 11 years of teaching experience
- Our team of black belt instructors are experienced national competitors that want you and your family to succeed
- Training is hosted in the largest BJJ and Judo facility in Canada
- Membership includes unlimited access to all martial arts classes (BJJ, Judo, Muay Thai, and Self Defense) and a weightlifting gym – for one low monthly cost. Ask us today!
Your membership includes access to all of our martial arts programs, including: